100g Natural Yoghurt
1 tbs Curry Powder
1 tbs Cumin
1 tbs Ground Coriander
¼ tsp Cinnamon
1 Lemon (zest and juice)
3 Garlic Cloves (finely grated)
Thumb sized piece of fresh Ginger (finely grated)
1 Chili (finely chopped)
1. Place a baking sheet in a roasting dish.
2. Combine all marinade ingredients for the chicken in a jug and place the whole chicken on the baking sheet.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken, using your hands to ensure the chicken is fully coated.
4. Cover the tray with foil and put to one side to allow the flavours to amalgamate. I recommend a minimum of an hour and in this time, I recommend preheating the oven to 200C.
5. When you’re ready, sprinkle some sea salt on the breasts of the chicken and place in the oven. After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 170C as this 15 minutes of high-temperature cooking will ensure a crispy skin but the remaining hour on 170C will ensure the chicken is cooked right through, retaining both a crispy skin yet tender meat.
6. Once the hour is up, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes with a strip of foil over it to keep warm.
7. Serve with roast potatoes (cut into cubes, oiled and salted and thrown into the oven with some peeled garlic cloves for the last 35 minutes of the chicken’s cooking and resting time) and a side salad dressed simple with some cider vinegar.
Photo Credits: Lowri Bethan Photography (https://www.facebook.com/LowriBethanPhotography/?fref=ts)